Published on: 21/06/2017
Feedback on the meeting and the harmonization workshop on application and understanding of ISO/TS 22003
ACCREDIA, the Italian NAB, hosted the EACC WG Food annual meeting, from 13th to 15th June in Milan, Italy.
The Food Working Group of EA Certification Committee is dedicated to:
- the development of consistent accreditation of entities delivering certification in the food and feed sector
- facilitating and promoting exchange of information to enhance harmonization and use of best practices among all the members.
Attended by 21 participants from the EA Members and one representative from DG AGRI (European Commission) and major stakeholders such as FSSC22000, IFS, GLOBALG.A.P, IIOC Food College, this 2-days meeting was the occasion to discuss about:
- the revision of the EU-Regulation on Organic production (REG EU No 834/2007)
- the setting up of a Task Force Group for the revision of EA 6/04 M EA Guidelines on the Accreditation of Certification of Primary Sector Products by Means of Sampling of Sites
- the content of a future document on geographically protected food products
- the cooperation between scheme owners and Accreditation Bodies (experiences with EA 1/22)
Following this meeting, a refresher training, co-conducted by Wolfram Hartmann, Chair of EA CC WG Food (DAkkS, the German NAB) and Harry Wellen (RvA, the Dutch NAB) was attended by EA Members on the 15th June to share experience, discuss case studies and related non-conformity texts and highlight the need for a common point of view to feed in the work of the future ISO Working group regarding the upcoming revision of ISO/TS 22003.