These strategic objectives shall be seen in close connection with the role and function that EA should
undertake in relation to the development of the market for conformity assessment in Europe and globally as well as in relation to its members and stakeholders.
The role of EA should at the general level be defined by three dimensions:
• A strategic role in the medium/long term – development of accreditation in facilitating the market for
conformity assessment services in close cooperation with European regulators, stakeholders and other interested parties;
• An operational role in cooperating with regulators, stakeholders and other interested parties, including its members – the national accreditation bodies – in managing accreditation in specific sectors or areas to ensure that the parties have a common understanding and approach to the accreditation criteria in order to arrive at trustworthy attestations of conformity;
• A supportive role for its members to all issues regarding accreditation and conformity assessment.
The defined strategic objectives will imply actions linked to one or more of the roles defined for EA and it is important that the actions are developed and designed to facilitate either the strategic, operational or supportive role of EA. The three dimensions of the EA work may also have an implication for delegation of the responsibilities for implementation of the individual actions supporting the strategic objectives.
The three strategic objectives that translate the strategy and sets out the plan to achieve the vision are:
- 1. Good governance to deliver consistent and sustainable results
- 2. Close cooperation with regulators and stakeholders to strengthen accreditation
at the European and international level.
- 3. Continue to develop accreditation to support innovation and growth in existing
and new areas.
For further information about our strategy, please read "EA Strategy 2025 : from good to great" (soon online)